Can weight lifting stunt your growth
On the other hand, the concern whether weight lifting affects the joints is still being researched on. Various views have come up over the past few years but the prevalent ones say that just like the view about , similarly joints can’t be affected through weight lifting that easily.But there is a danger that your joints can be displaced if this workout is not done in a way it ought to be done. There are 4 ways through which we can ensure that there is no such risk facing your joints during weight lifting:
- Whenever you get up for pursuing a weight lifting workout, make sure you stretch your body a bit for allowing your muscles to open up. This action is very useful particularly for your joints because they get ready to face the load that weight lifting will put on them.
- Next step is to do some light start up exercises that turn your body mechanisms to an active mode and your body and especially the joints get enough of the blood supply and attain the required temperature for an intense workout. It’s a good idea to keep soothing your joints during the breaks between reps.
- Make sure the weights that you lift are not too heavy for an average person to lift. Moderate weights are okay for an effective workout. This will minimize the risk that can stunt growth and will also keep your joints safe from deteriorating.
- Once you are done with the weight lifting, let your body temperature normalize by taking rest and stretching once again. It is recommended not to repeat such an intense workout on back to back days as that can make your joints stiff and painful and in extreme cases, can stunt growth
- Growth of a child
- Child Growth and Development
- Does weed stunt growth?
- Will coffee stunt growth
- Can caffeine stunt growth
If you stick to these important points, you can keep your body totally safe from the after-effects of weight lifting.