Generally when you think of lifting weights for getting your bodies in shape, you first take the view into consideration that weight lifting stunts growth. This view is not to be taken seriously as it has not been proven through researches. In fact, weightlifting is one of the best workouts that can give great results with respect to better body shape and a healthy lifestyle.
Following 9 tips are necessary to be followed to ensure that weight lifting doesn’t stunt growth and that you are lifting the weights in the right way:
- Growth of a child
- Child Growth and Development
- Does weed stunt growth?
- Will coffee stunt growth
- Can caffeine stunt growth
- Start with the mental homework. Plan out your workout goals and targets. Note them down and keep a record in a formal diary if possible. Then keep recording each and every activity details in your diary everyday so that you know where your workout is taking you.
- Always do some initial stretching before you start with your formal weight lifting session. This will ensure that your body muscles have the required energy for continuing with the workout.
- Start with beginner exercises always. After warming up, start your weight lifting tasks but in an orderly manner. It is recommended to do those exercises that involve most of your body muscles simultaneously. This will also save your time and energy.
- Don’t let your energy level wane. Make sure you are motivated and boosted for a consistent workout. You can take help from your favorite music tracks if you want. Be sure to take rest between different exercise moves for keeping yourself on track. Otherwise it can stunt growth
- Whatever move you are making, whatever kind of weight you are lifting, be very particular about your body postures. It is very important to do the exercises as recommended by the experts. Don’t let your body sway and stay erect while you lift weights or do any other exercise.
- While you are lifting weights, make sure you hold them correctly and tightly. It is also important as this will ensure that the weight is working on your muscles properly enough and in the way it is intended to be.
- Once you are done with the formal weight lifting, try the same strength while you do your household chores for increasing your strength further.
- Take healthy diet and fresh juices after the tough workout.
- Don’t ever try to do this weight lifting every day. It is not a good idea at all. You will end up having sore muscles and an increase in the factors that can stunt growth if you try to lift weights on every day of the week. Try to put significant break between these intense sessions so that your body has the time to relax.